The accounts payable manager is responsible for managing the company accounts payable process and function in a professional and knowledgeable manner, ensuring the accuracy of the entire process as it relates to vendor payment. This position directs and oversees the daily management of the accounts payable staff and associated processes to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversees the processing of Accounts Payable (A/P) Invoices and printing of checks.
- Inputs documents and data into the computer to process invoices for assigned vendors, as well as back up A/P Staff responsibilities during absences.
- Ensure sthat A/P staff verifies quantity, price, unit of measure, freight, and terms from vendor’s invoice to purchase order, packing slip, inventory receipt and acts on discrepancies.
- Monitors the Accounts Payable dashboard to ensure timely processing of invoices and resolution of issues identified.
- Sets up and maintains vendor accounts. Obtain background information on all new vendors, ensuring a W-9 is provided for any vendor additions in the database. Run a credit check on vendors to be sure they possess the ability to handle all product claims that may develop as well as returns or other credits.
- Ensures optimal use of corporate funds and maximize cash flow by paying invoices according to terms and coordinating cash flow needs with the Accounting Manager and/or the Controller.
- Compiles routine daily reconciliations between the operating and general ledger systems to ensure that all subsidiary financial records are in balance with the general ledger.
- Performs month end reconciliations of A/P accounts to ensure the totals between the general ledger and subledger are in balance and there are no past due invoices.
- Ensures that supplier returns are matched to vendor credits or invoice deductions as necessary.
- Ensures vendor statements are reviewed and researched to identify past due invoices and reconcile any billing discrepancies with the vendors.
- Maintains accurate AP records.
- Selects and hires employees for the Accounts Payable group. Train and evaluate new and existing employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Prepares year end 1099 forms for applicable vendors.
- Coordinates and assists with audits performed by external entities
- Provides data as required for the preparation of the annual budget or month end financial close.
- Acts as a backup the Payroll Administrator for processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Large ERP A/P system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Exposure to high volume A/P processing preferred.
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 - 3 years supervisory experience.