The Assistant Designer is responsible for completing design work, and data entry assignments as per request.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards
- Request architectural and engineering drawings and/or information required to complete design work
- Generate EWP placement layouts for final construction
- Generate and provide accurate pricing for estimating purposes
- Data entry input into the Sawtek system.
- Provide aid to other departments, when requested.
- General knowledge of construction industry and documents.
- Knowledge of floor and framing design process
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to stay on task, accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 year minimum of Computer Aided drafting experience required
- 1 year of EWP Design required
- 1 year of Sawtek experience required
WE ARE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time