The Assistant Store Manager supervises, trains and schedules employees to ensure that the store is properly stocked, maintained and ready for business, leading to an impressive customer experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaching/Oversees Insdie Sales sales staff on sales techniques, in person, phone, closing quotes.
- Creates work schedules for reporting employees.
- Tracks employees’ time in ADP.
- Clarifies performance expectations, coaches and guides performance.
- Addresses any employee concerns, and escalates to the supervisor or Human Resources as appropriate.
- Perfoms employee one-on-one coaching with the supervisor.
- Leads training of employees in department and may assist with cross-training others.
- Contributes towards the sales budgeting (annual, monthly and daily), gross margin profit and gross margin dollars.
- Derives strategic sales plan through calendar year’ tracks with driving results.
- Leads weekly meetings driving content, i.e sales update, product knowledge.
- Assess productivity metrics and resources needs to meet business.
- Supports the receiving process to assist with accuracy and teams’ productivity throughout the complete process (product received, sorted and staged for replenishment).
- Works closely with inventory control on product counts, zero scans and
- product investigations to assure accurate inventory levels reducing out-of-stock and time-to-fill requirements.
- Directs product replenishment and assures 100% accuracy, i.e., product is placement is correct.
- Dispurses cash funds for registers.
- Balances cash drawers daily.
- Prepares and drops bank deposits.
- Opens and/or closes the facility.
- Assists with opening accounts.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Manages loss prevention and safety during shift.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Superior customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and improve processes
- Bilingual ind English and Spanish a plus
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a retail environment
- Lumber experience a plus
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen