Ensures all customers have a positive experience as they arrive, shop and exit the facility. Provides guidance on the selection, demonstration leading to the selling of merchandise. Owns retail sales responsibilities with the guidance of the store Manager.
KEY MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews performance activities with Store Manager to determine appropriate coaching and drive performance.
- Guides Team to anticipate customer’s needs and assists with the scope of their projects.
- Responsible for daily team huddles to kick off priorities, training, etc.
- Conducts bi-weekly customer service training seminars.
- Actively seek to develop cross training capabilities.
- Responsible for on boarding and training of all new store associates.
- Manages expenses to include wage to margin, overtime, meals and facility support, etc.
- Creates work schedules for reporting employees.
- Ensures breaks and meal periods are taken correctly to minimize meal violations.
- Tracks employees’ time in the time and attendance system (ADP).
- Works closely with inventory control on product counts to assure accurate inventory levels reducing out-of-stock and time-to-fill requirements.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Disperses cash funds for registers as needed.
- Attends all leadership meetings and gives an update on performance as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
KEY SALES CAPABILITIES:
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Asks open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise.
- Demonstrates and offers appropriate product solutions.
- Actively seek out customers on the sales floor and aisles.
- Escort customers to appropriate merchandise throughout facility.
- Maintains the in-stock, down-stock, facing condition of products.
- Observes store areas for potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized store (products and general appearance)
- Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the facility.
- Maintain current knowledge of store services, i.e. key cutting, paint mixing, cutting of chain and wire.
- Attend mandatory safety meetings.
- Consistently exhibits Brand Behaviors.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding verbal, written and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Basic computer skills including POS, word and excel
- Construction, electrical, plumbing, painting or landscaping highly desired
- 5+ years Retail supervisory or Trade experience (plumbing, electrical, construction, painting, or landscaping)
- 3+ years’ experience in roll of leading people