The Assistant Store Manager supervises facility operations and team to ensure sales goals and targets are met or exceeded by driving the productivity of all employees. Aligns facility and employee objectives with company direction.
- Works with the General Manager to develop sales goals, strategies and employee incentives.
- Forecasts top line sales and gross margin for facility.
- Manages expenses to include wage to margin, overtime, meals and facility support, etc.
- Attends quarterly leadership meetings and gives an update on store staff.
- Proactively seeks information to ensure alignment of facility and company direction.
- Maintains a clean and organized store (products and genral appearance) including assigned facility company vehicles.
- Prepares store in alignment with marketing and merchandising plans.
- Works closely with inventory control on product counts to assure accurate inventory levels reducing out-of-stock and time-to-fill requirements.
- Creates work schedules for reporting employees.
- Tracks employees’ time in ADP.
- Ensures that employees complete their job duties as assigned.
- Trains staff from safety bulletins.
- Addresses any employee concerns, and escalates to the supervisor or Human Resources as appropriate.
- Perfoms employee one-on-one coaching with the supervisor.
- Address all safety and inspections on vehicles required (e.g., accidents and vehicle/forklift inspections): Holds safety meetings for team.
- Dispurses cash funds for registers.
- Prepares and drops bank deposits.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Visible in facility to drive productivity and customer relationships.
- Exhibits brand behaviors consistently.
- Grows customer relationships and accounts resulting in increased sales (accounts as designated).
- Oversee employee customer relationships, account sales and growth.
- Assists with the processing of sales orders, quotes and bids, ensuring that delivery dates are realistic.
- Follows through on customer orders, including special order requisitions, and shipping to ensure customer commitments are met for designated accounts.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly desired
- Superior customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to problem solvie and apply critical thinking
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and improve processes
- Ability to direct a team
- 5 plus years industry experience in Construction/Agriculture
- Inside Sales experience required
- Retail experience helpful
- Merchandising experience preferred