The Cashier greets customers upon arrival and departure. Provides customers with fast, friendly and accurate service at point of sale counter. Responsible for processing customer sales and returns, ensures accurate change, and balances cash drawer. Trouble shoots and provides solutions to impress customers.
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Processes customer sales, returns, and provides receipts.
- Maintains cleanliness, organization and proper inventory of supplies at the point of sale counter.
- Responds to customer inquiries promptly via phone and in person
- Routes customer inquiries to the appropriate department, i.e., product orders, customer account reconciliation,
- Understands and offers complementary products for upselling and add-on sales opportunities
- Locates requested products.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Escalate to manager or lead if continue customer or point of sale issues occur
- Informs customers about Central Valley account opportunities for larger jobs
- Observes store areas for safety, potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the store/yard
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Ability to balance drawer
- Proficient in math and computer skills (point of sale)
- Professional etiquette
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Cashier experience highly desired
- Retail service, sales experience a plus