The Facility Director directs the operations of the Wall Yard Manufacturing through efficient management of resources, to budget, people, equipment, safety, inventory control, dispatch, shipping and receiving, transfers, drivers, customer service and product quality.
- Ensures the continued financial growth and well-being of the company by managing all company production processes safely, efficiently and profitably.
- Ensures that quality control and safety are emphasized throughout the entire production and manufacturing process.
- Provides expertise, guidance and support by directing the development and implementation of efficient production processes aimed to satisfy sales and customer requirements.
- Ensures that all facilities and assets used in conjunction with production are maintained and repaired in proper order and cost-effective fashion.
- Manages performance and oversees all shipping, receiving, and stocking operations so that all inventory levels are managed and maintained.
- Ensures the proper flow of shipping documentation to insure accuracy and security.
- Oversees the performance of the yard, in partnership with the yard foreman, to ensure all incoming materials and supplies are of quality upon receipt, received, unloaded and stocked properly in the yard.
- Oversees inventory information system and directs problem resolution for inventory issues.
Budget and Metrics:
- Manages facility budget with support of General Manager.
- Manages overtime, wage-to-margin, along with other key metrics.
- Assess productivity and health of work environment by spending an equal amount of time in yard and office environments
- Adjusts employee schedules to reflect forecasted work based on sales and transfer pipelines (peak and non-peak months).
Safety Leadership and Management:
- Leads facility safety program in alignment with company policies and DOT, OSHA, EPA and city ordinance requirements consistent with storage, handling and transportation of materials.
- Monitors the safety of employees and ensures all safety records (i.e., DOT, Safety Meetings) and documents are recorded, signed and filed properly.
- Ensures all employees have received proper safety training (i.e., forklift training, etc.)
- Oversees the scheduling of equipment, vehicle and forklift repairs as well as facility maintenance as needed and coordinate work with the Director of Facilities, Safety, Fleet.
Communication with Key Partners
- Directs communication with Inventory Control and Lumber Buyer regarding product quality and quantity, and ensures purchasing is correlated with actual inventory levels.
- Directs communication with outside and inside Sales to ensure materials shipped meet customer commitments and any schedule changes are addressed immediately.
- Initiates conversations with Sales, Office employees and Yard Foreman regarding customer feedback. This will occur during regularly scheduled meetings.
- Partners with Sales on how to dispose of obsolete inventory with the assistance Inventory Control.
- Supervises day-to-day activities of all direct reports, and ensures overall operation is functioning effectively.
- Directs hiring, training and cross-training, terminations – using progressive discipline, promotions, demotions, and salary reviews for immediate direct reports, and ensures these processes are occurring across the facility.
- Oversees, or may manage, employee schedules, vacations, payroll system, overtime reporting and communication to employees regarding schedules and overtime.
- Establishes performance expectations; coaches and guides performance
- Exhibits Central Valley Behaviors consistently and holds others accountable.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and improve processes
- Spanish/English bi-lingual desired
- 7+ years supervision experience
- 7+ years manufacturing experience
- 5+ years managing or driving operational processes or procedures
- Construction/Yard experience required