Provides customers with fast, friendly and accurate service at point of sale counter. Responsible for processing customer sales and returns, ensures accurate change, and balances cash drawer. Trouble shoots and provides solutions to impress customers. Assesses customers’ needs and assists with all of their shopping needs including assisting customers in the selection.
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Processes customer sales, returns, and provides receipts.
- Asks open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise.
- Demonstrates and offers appropriate product solutions.
- Actively seeks out customers on the sales floor and aisles.
- Escort customers to appropriate merchandise, no matter what department.
- Maintains the in-stock condition of products.
- Ensures store is clean, shoppable and safe.
- Assembles materials and products for customer pick-up and/or delivery.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Informs customers about Central Valley credit account options.
- Observes store areas for potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the store/yard, e.g. paint, key-cutting, power tools and lumber.
- Actively seeks to develop and improve product knowledge of all merchandise and special orders, leverages cross-training opportunities.
- Assists with floor re-sets as needed.
- Helps with department coverage throughout the store.
- Understands and offers complementary products for upselling and add-on sales opportunities
- Locates requested products.
- Escalates to manager or lead if continued customer or point of sale issues occur
- Informs customers about Central Valley account opportunities for larger jobs
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Construction, electrical, plumbing, painting or landscaping highly desired
- 2+ years Retail sales or Trade experience (plumbing, electrical, construction, painting, or landscaping)
- 1+ years of point of sale experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour