Assesses customers’ needs and assists with all of their shopping needs including assisting customers in the selection, demonstration and loading of merchandise.
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Asks open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise.
- Demonstrates and offers appropriate product solutions.
- Actively seek out customers on the sales floor and aisles.
- Escort customers to appropriate merchandise, no matter what department.
- Maintains the in-stock condition of products.
- Ensures store is clean, shoppable and safe.
- Assembles materials and products for customer pick-up and/or delivery.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Informs customers about Central Valley credit account options.
- Observes store areas for potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the store/yard, e.g. paint, key-cutting, power tools and lumber.
- Actively seeks to develop and improve product knowledge of all merchandise and special orders, leverages cross-training opportunities.
- Assist with floor re-sets as needed.
- proper department coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Construction, electrical, plumbing, painting or landscaping highly desired
- 2+ years Retail sales or Trade experience (plumbing, electrical, construction, painting, or landscaping)