Anticipates customers’ needs and assists with the scope of their projects. Provides guidance on the selection, demonstration and loading of merchandise. Owns lead responsibilities with the guidance of the store Manager.
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Asks open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise.
- Demonstrates and offers appropriate product solutions.
- Actively seek out customers on the sales floor and aisles.
- Escort customers to appropriate merchandise, no matter what department.
- Maintains the in-stock, down-stock, facing condition of products.
- Ensures store is clean, shoppable and safe.
- Assembles materials and products for customer pick-up and/or delivery.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Informs customers about Central Valley credit account options.
- Observes store areas for potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the store/yard, e.g. paint, key-cutting, power tools and lumber.
- Actively seeks to develop and improve product knowledge of all merchandise and special orders, leverages cross-training opportunities.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Resolves customer issues that arise.
- Communicate stock concerns with the Operations Lead
- Creates work schedules for the Floor Sales Team.
- Tracks employees’ time in ADP.
- Opens and closes the facility.
- Disperses cash funds for registers as needed.
- Ensures that employees complete their job duties as assigned.
- Works with the Store Manager to develop sales goals, strategies and employee incentives.
- Reviews performance activities with manager to determine appropriate coaching and drive performance.
- Responsible for daily team huddles to kick off priorities, training, etc.
- Responsible for training others
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits brand behaviors consistently.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Construction, electrical, plumbing, painting or landscaping highly desired
- 5+ years Retail sales or Trade experience (plumbing, electrical, construction, painting, or landscaping)