The Garden Associate greets customers upon arrival and departure. Provides customers with fast, friendly and accurate service at point of sale counter. Processes customer sales and returns, ensures accurate change. Assists customers with garden and landscaping needs and provides solutions to impress customers.
Work Schedule is two days per week, one weekday and on weekend day.
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile, and eye contact with customers.
- Processes customer sales, returns, and provides receipts.
- Responds to customer inquiries promptly via phone and in person.
- Understands and offers complementary products for upselling and add-on sales opportunities.
- Locates requested products.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Informs customers about Central Valley account opportunities for larger jobs.
- Observes garden center areas for safety, potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains current knowledge of product mix and their locations.
- Keeps current on the market, market trends, and industry developments in the gardening industry.
- Follows up on sales leads as directed.
- Takes orders by phone, or in person.
- Understands costs, pricing, and overhead as percent of sales.
- Develops effective product knowledge of all areas of the garden department.
- Assists in display preparation maintaining garden inventory.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of garden center.
- Assures quality control of all incoming product.
- Understands vendor pricing and ensures product is priced correctly.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Basic Horticultural knowledge – plant care, soil, fertilizer, pest ID and control
- Basic Landscape/garden design
- Min. 2 years work in nursery or related field (landscape, horticulture), or completion of 2 years’ college in related field