The Inventory Control Associate optimizes inventory accuracy through continuous process improvement, measurement and execution.
- Performs cycle counts of, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts total to inventory records, either manually or using a computer.
- Follows & maintains cycle count schedule minimal; direct supervision.
- Compare inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records or PO’s to obtain current inventory.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjust errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies
- Assists in researching and resolving inventory discrepancies. Tracks scrap product.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, merchandise, and computes inventory balance.
- Prepares reports such as inventory balance and shortages.
- Prepares a list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Reviews credits and invoices as needed.
- Researches negative inventory values.
- Researches inventory discrepancies with the assistance of department and receiving managers
- Continuously communicates with department, store and managers regarding count accuracy.
- Maintains shrink at or below company standard.
- Assists locations with annual physical inventories.
- Communicates information and responds to questions in person to person and small group situations with customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Ability to self-manage daily work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, while planning the time, method, manner and/or performance sequence of own work
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Strong math skills
- Proficient with MS Office (esp. Word, Excel and Outlook) required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to collect and synthesize significant amounts of raw data, and compile with attention to detail and accuracy and simplicity of presentation
- Ability and willingness to complete some moderately repetitive tasks
- Professional presentation and demeanor
- Equivalent of four years of high school required
- 1-2 years of related experience in compiling and maintaining records of quality, type, value of material, equipment, merchandise, and supplies stocked in warehouse, yard and outdoor lumber yard locations preferred.
- 3-5 years of inventory control experience required.
- Management of processes in a heavy sku environment required
- Experience with logistics and distribution highly desired