The Yard/Customer Service Associate locates, loads and unloads building materials in the yard and warehouse. Writes accurate yard tags to ensure proper inventory count and a smooth customer transaction. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Helps customers locate the product they need and loads vehicles as necessary.
- Unloads and stocks incoming materials.
- Writes yard tags accurately with product code and quantity for purchase.
- Keeps all yard and warehouse areas clean, neat, safe, and secure.
- Assembles and loads products for delivery to customers, and transfers to other locations.
- Observes yard and warehouse for safety, potential theft, and security risks.
- Reviews vendor packing slip in order to verify quantity, product accuracy and condition, and turns into receiving.
- Resolves customer dissatisfaction with materials.
- Stores material safely to prevent damage.
- Stocks inventory neatly in the proper location within the yard and/or warehouse.
- Rotates stock to maintain product quality – retail ready.
- Identifies different building materials and wood products.
- Operates and maintains the forklift and other yard equipment safely.
- Completes daily forklift checklist
- Measures and cuts materials by operating a power saw.
- Strives for zero product damage while loading and unloading.
- Reports all damages to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- 1 year of Customer Service experience required
- Forklift experience preferred
- Strong measuring skills
- Familiarity with power and hand tools
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check