Manage two important components of Central Valley’s business: 1: All aspects of the company’s bi-weekly payroll processing, compliance support, audits, and journal entries and reconciliation of accounts related to payroll as appropriate, and 2. Support and maintenance of all Human Resources Information Systems. Importantly, processing employee data, generating HR related reports, managing system upgrades or integrations, and maintain data integrity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and processes the biweekly payroll, ensuring valid data transfers to/from payroll service
- Inputs all payroll changes, not missing data and clarify issues
- Ensures accuracy of approved timesheets
- Manages timing and calculates monthly commission/incentive payments
- Tracks and deducts all garnishments and other special payroll deductions
- Calculates new hire pay, termination pay, and any required adjustment to normal pay
- Verifies all payroll changes made for each pay cycle, ensuring that employee changes are entered correctly and made on a timely basis and provide supporting documentation to manager.
- Provides reporting to Finance for Payroll expenses
- Processes manual checks to meet business needs, such as; incentives, terminations and payroll discrepancies and/or stop payment and check reissues for lost or stolen payroll checks
- Administers electronic timekeeping (currently ADP) and train others as needed
- Reports employee 401k contribution amounts and calculates the company match after each bi-weekly payroll, submits a file to the outside investment company for processing on vendor agreed schedule
- Manages end-of-year requirements, for example; compile and enter non-cash payments to ensure annual earnings are accurately reported for all employees, complete year end reporting for payroll, etc.
- Reconciles payroll related accounts on the balance sheet in partnership with Finance
- Supervises and administers all HRIS-related systems, e.g., Payroll (ADP), benefits administration (bSwift and Mass Mutual), compensation (Payfactors), etc.
- Ensures all HR related systems are compliant with data protection laws and employee privacy
- Processes employee data, prepares and develops reports, supports audit requests, and delivers recommendations and actions:
- Supports and executes all new hire processes, employee changes, benefit changes, terminations, etc.
- Executes reporting needs for finance, manager updates, audits and compliance issues, such as, meal periods, overtime, breaks, Paid Time Off usage, and legal requests
- Identifies issues, errors, risks or concerns through data analysis and recommends solutions or escalates for review
- Maintains data integrity by analyzing people and pay data, such as job titles, pay bands, classifications, complete profiles, etc.
- Leads reporting for both planned and ad hoc requests, such as; 401K audit, compensation reviews, structure analysis, etc.
- Partners with team and cross-functionally:
- Initiates work with IT to perform regular assessments and improvements to HRIS systems and integrations with HR processes via the Intranet and Internet
- Raises issues and concerns to manager that require discussion with other departments, such as payroll balances, Paid Time Off accrual or overages, etc.
- Partners with the management and employees to answer questions and concerns, such as unemployment, timecard reporting, paystubs, W-2’s, etc.
- Partners with business and Human Resources to automate all processes to eliminate paper transactions
- Designs end-user friendly processes, guidelines and documentation
- Prepares reports for management and Human Resources as prioritized
SUCCESS FACTORS: You will excel in this position if you possess the ability to:
- Analyze data and processes applied to Payroll and HRIS data
- Perform work effectively using a Microsoft Office Suite
- Escalate issues and recommend solutions without hesitation
- Problem solve, think critically, and apply judgement to situations
- Focus attention to detail and achieve consistent levels of accuracy
- Prioritize requests to balance workload and meet agreed deadlines
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Bias for action/urgency
- Integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Relates to business (has a sense of empathy – balanced with a get it done attitude)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ practical experience with payroll processing
- 3-5 years’ experience with HR database administration systems
- Experience with payroll processing for an employer with multiple locations preferred
- Process improvement background a plus; not required
- Bi-lingual communicator (English and Spanish) desired; not required