The third consecutive win of the highly competitive company culture award
NAPA, Calif. – Central Valley, a U.S. top-100 building supply company, announced today that the company has been ranked among the “Best Places to Work” by the North Bay Business Journal. A prestigious award, this marks the third consecutive year that Central Valley has been nominated and received this recognition;
The “Best Places to Work” award is based on the North Bay Business Journal anonymously surveying and analyzing survey responses relating to the employees’ experience. In addition to understanding employee trust and respect, this year’s survey questions dove deep into the company’s operations during COVID, understanding how business operations impacted the emotional and physical wellbeing of employees. Winning is based on employees’ feedback, which is ranked to identify and recognize outstanding employers.
“We work hard to foster a culture that supports the growth and wellbeing of employees," said Steve Patterson, President and CEO of Central Valley. “We appreciate that employees today have a choice, so creating a workplace culture that allows us to be a top destination for talent remains a commitment for us.”
“For the past 20 months of the pandemic, we have endeavored to cultivate an environment that was communicative and increased our connection with employees. While challenging, the team has gone above and beyond to ensure that employees, despite the inherent challenges, can have a rewarding and safe workplace,” said Christine Hunter, Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
Central Valley and other award winners will be recognized at an in-person event on September 15, 2021.
Central Valley employees can enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive 401(k): Eligible employees can plan for the future by joining Central Valley’s 401(k) Savings Plan. The organization matches contributions dollar for dollar, up to 3% of employees' eligible pay.
- Promotion of a healthy work/life balance: Central Valley provides paid time off, holidays, benefits for time away from work for rest, relaxation and the flexibility to care for personal and family needs.
- Focus on health and wellbeing: Central Valley offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, voluntary benefits and wellness programs.
- Giving Back: All full-time and regular part-time employees can give back to their community with up to eight paid volunteer hours a year to approved organizations aligned with Central Valley’s philanthropic focus on strong families and affordable housing.
- Opportunities to grow professionally: With an attitude to learn the business, there are several entry-level positions that provide the opportunity to move into management.
- Annual employee bonus/commissions: Eligible employees can receive a bonus for their work linked to divisional and business performance. Eligible sales positions receive commissions on sales earned.