The Receiving Associate receives product and resolves vendor discrepancies. Ensures that product received is accurate and in sellable condition. Ensures that packing slip matches purchase order.
- Compares purchase order against vendor receipt for accuracy.
- Reviews packing slip in order to verify quantity and product accuracy.
- Ensures that all shipments are received in good, undamaged condition and notes discrepancies.
- Strives to process all deliveries same day to meet 24-hour door to floor goal.
- Stages all product in an organized manner to assure optimal productivity of stocking team.
- Oversees returns and credits from receipt to invoicing.
- Communicates receipt of special orders to appropriate salesperson, ensuring prompt customer delivery and satisfaction.
- Sort, file and check paperwork.
- Provide accurate information to update computer system.
- Works with yard staff to account for all deliveries and receive all products.
- Communicates with vendors in person, via phone and email in order to resolve discrepancies and assure proper credit.
- Lifts and/or moves product, up to 75lbs, to stage for stocking crew.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Proficient math and computer skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Lumber, building materials and agriculture product knowledge preferred
- Construction and/or building materials experience a plus
- Forklift experience desired
- 1+ years of Receiving experience required