The Receiving/Inventory Control Associate receives product and resolves vendor discrepancies. Ensures that product received is accurate and in sellable condition. Optimizes inventory accuracy through continuous process improvement, measurement and execution.
- Compares purchase order against vendor receipt for accuracy.
- Reviews packing slip in order to verify quantity and product accuracy.
- Ensures that all shipments are received in good, undamaged condition and notes discrepancies.
- Strives to process all deliveries same day to meet 24-hour door to floor goal.
- Stages all product in an organized manner to assure optimal productivity of stocking team.
- Oversees returns and credits from receipt to invoicing.
- Communicates receipt of special orders to appropriate salesperson, ensuring prompt customer delivery and satisfaction.
- Sort, file and check paperwork.
- Provide accurate information to update computer system.
- Works with yard staff to account for all deliveries and receive all products.
- Communicates with vendors in person, via phone and email in order to resolve discrepancies and assure proper credit.
- Lifts and/or moves product, up to 75lbs, to stage for stocking crew.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Performs cycle counts of, merchandise, or supplies in stock and posts total to inventory records, either manually or using a computer.
- Follows & maintains cycle count schedule minimal; direct supervision.
- Compares inventories to office records or computes figures from records such as sales orders, production records or PO’s to obtain current inventory.
- Ensures that physical inventory levels are correct in the computer system.
- Verifies clerical computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors in computation or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Assists in researching and resolving inventory discrepancies. Tracks scrap product.
- Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of material, merchandise, and computes inventory balance.
- Prepares a list of depleted items and recommends survey of defective or unusable items.
- Reviews credits and invoices as needed.
- Researches negative inventory values.
- Researches inventory discrepancies.
- Continuously communicates with department, store and managers regarding count accuracy.
- Maintains shrink at or below company standard.
- Assists locations with annual physical inventories.
- Assists at the register as needed.
- Strong math and computer skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Lumber, building materials and agriculture product knowledge preferred
- Computer friendly
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 2 years of receiving experience required
- 2-3 years of inventory experience required
- Forklift experience helpful