The Rental Department Associate greets customers upon arrival and departure. Provides customers with fast, friendly and accurate service at the rental counter. Responsible for processing customer equipment rentals and returns. Trouble shoots and provides solutions to impress customers.
- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Asks open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise.
- Demonstrates and offers appropriate product solutions.
- Writes rental contracts and follows up on past due contracts.
- Demonstrates proper usage of equipment and tools.
- Actively seeks out customers in the outdoor power department and offers assistance.
- Escorts customers to appropriate merchandise, no matter what department.
- Maintains the in-stock condition of products.
- Ensures that rental department is clean, shoppable and safe.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Informs customers about Central Valley credit account options.
- Observes store areas for potential theft and security risks.
- Actively seeks to develop and improve product knowledge of all merchandise and special orders, leverages cross-training opportunities.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Construction, electrical, plumbing, painting or landscaping highly desired
- 2+ years Retail sales experience required