The Replenishment Manager selects stock merchandise for order, places order, and stays involved in inventory distribution. Responsible for replenishing products and commodities to support the company’s supply chain. Reviews success of previous orders to determine extent to which inventory should be replenished.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage replenishment of stock items or location transfers of assigned product lines to ensure optimal stocking levels at all Central Valley locations, considering inventory budgetary and or product category performance guidelines.
- Constructs orders and supplier delivery schedules to optimize in-stock position, inventory levels, warehouse/store efficiency and supplier distribution allowances (e.g. full truck, pallet quantity)
- Works with vendors to continually improve the logistics process in order to reduce distribution costs and/or inventory levels.
- Forecasts product requirements based on category plans, merchandising programs, historical/seasonal trends and store feedback.
- Monitors inventory levels and reacts to shortages & overstocks on an immediate basis
- Provide product information and inventory availability to inside/outside Sales Team.
- Work with Data Analyst to establish and adjust MIN/MAX levels by item and location based on past demand, forecast demand, and or product seasonality.
- Resolves warehouse/store issues on product availability and in-stock position.
- Anticipates and reacts to emergency product shortage situations with vendor & warehouses
- Support reduction of surplus and or slower moving inventory as part of product line review process. (Return to vendor, transfer to other locations, PLS etc.)
- Support sales bid coordination with sourcing and pricing of stock items.
- Manage process for returned, damaged and non-saleable items.
- Communication to warehouses/stores on product updates (e.g. listings, de-listings, extended out of stocks, etc.)
- SKU set-up in computer system.
- Maintains ordering criteria such as supplier lead times, minimum orders, smoothed averages in on-line computer system.
- Ensures costing product codes in system are accurate.
- Resolves costing discrepancies with vendors.
- Key contact for warehouses and stores on any product related issues (e.g. availability, quality, damages, etc.)
- Provide content for store education on product and product usage.
- Knowledge and understanding of Central Valley warehouse/store executional requirements and nuances.
- Knowledge of cost of goods, buying, pricing systems and other applicable programs for purchasing.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in margin calculations, inventory management and volume forecasting.
- Knowledge of domestic and offshore suppliers and sources a plus
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – includes influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word & Excel).
- High degree of flexibility and initiative.
- University or community college degree
- Two to three years of buying experience at the buying/analytical level.
- Experience in negotiations
- Highly developed sense of accountability and track record for delivering results