The Safety Manager administers company safety policies and procedures in alignment with CAL OSHA guidelines and ensures that all safety documentation is maintained
- Ensures safety records are maintained at designated facilities.
- Ensures that all facilities are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Coordinates with Operations Foremen, supervisors, and managers to develop and document safety procedures.
- Investigates and documents all accidents. Reports findings to Safety Director.
- Follows up on accident claims with the supervisor to offer assistance in further safety training as a result of the accident investigation.
- Ensures that an injured employee is accompanied to medical appointments.
- Conducts safety training to employees and procures training materials as directed.
- Completes safety onboarding and training.
- Ensures safety training records and employee safety training requirements are current.
- Performs safety audits on a quarterly basis with Safety Director.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking
- Multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industrial saws required
- Forklift experience and certification required
- Valid California Class C driver’s license required
- 2 points or less on driving record
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment required
- 2+ years experience managing safety programs required