- Offers a friendly greeting, smile and makes eye contact with customers.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries.
- Sorts and stocks products on shelves and in the backroom.
- Assists fellow associates as needed throughout the store.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Asks open ended questions about customers’ projects in order to determine their needs and level of expertise.
- Demonstrates and offers appropriate product solutions.
- Actively seek out customers on the sales floor and aisles.
- Escort customers to appropriate merchandise, no matter what department.
- Maintains the in-stock condition of products.
- Ensures store is clean, shoppable and safe.
- Assembles materials and products for customer pick-up and/or delivery.
- Quotes product prices at the counter and over the phone.
- Observes store areas for potential theft and security risks.
- Maintains current knowledge of company products and their locations in the store/yard, e.g. paint, key-cutting, power tools and lumber.
- Actively seeks to develop and improve product knowledge of all merchandise and special orders, leverages cross-training opportunities.
- Assist with floor re-sets as needed.
- proper department coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proficient in math
- Basic computer skills
- Construction, electrical, plumbing, painting or landscaping highly desired
- 1-2 years Retail sales or Trade experience (plumbing, electrical, construction, painting, or landscaping)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour