The Yard Lead/Dispatcher oversees the operations and logistics of the yard and supervises Yard Staff. Maintains a safe and clean work environment. Ensures that safety standards are adhered to at all times. Manages Drivers and Fleet.
Yard Lead Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all customers receive product in a timely manner.
- Helps customers locate the product they need and loads vehicles as necessary.
- Resolves customer dissatisfaction with materials.
- Unloads and stocks incoming materials.
- Keeps all yard and warehouse areas clean, neat and safe.
- Assembles and loads products for delivery to customers, and transfers to other locations.
- Observes yard and warehouse for safety, potential theft, and security risks.
- Reviews vendor packing slip in order to verify quantity, product accuracy and condition, and turns into receiving.
- Supervises yard/warehouse inventory counts.
- Opens and/or closes the yard.
- Stores material safely to prevent damage.
- Stocks inventory neatly in the proper location within the yard and/or warehouse.
- Rotates stock to maintain product quality – retail ready.
- Identifies different building materials and wood products.
- Operates and maintains the forklift and other yard equipment safely.
- Completes daily forklift checklist
- Measures and cuts materials by operating a power saw.
- Strives for zero product damage while loading and unloading.
- Reports all damages to the supervisor immediately.
- Establishes work schedules for Yard Employees and Drivers.
- Clarifies performance expectations, coaches and guides performance.
- Addresses any employee concerns and escalates to the supervisor as appropriate.
- Performs employee one-on-one coaching with the supervisor.
- Approves employee time in ADP.
- Leads training of employees in department and may assist with cross-training others.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Develops delivery routes and maintains contact with Drivers throughout the day.
- Collaborates with Sales to modify daily routes order to accommodate the needs of customers.
- Monitors delivery routes to ensure accessibility at delivery sites and roadways.
- Cultivates strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes.
- Communicates with Drivers in route.
- Schedules maintenance of fleet vehicles.
- Maintains vehicle inspection reports.
- Customer Service
- Strong measuring skills
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate computer skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish highly desired
- Familiarity with North Bay routes
- Ability to build loads for delivery while understanding the capacity of fleet
- Familiarity with radial arm saws
- Understands staffing budget process
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- 3 years of forklift experience required
- 3-5 years supervisory experience required