The Yard Supervisor locates, loads and unloads building materials in the yard and warehouse. Writes accurate yard tags to ensure proper inventory count and a smooth customer transaction. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensures all customers receive exceptional service.
- Helps customers locate the product they need and loads vehicles safely.
- Resolves customer dissatisfaction with materials.
- Unloads and stocks incoming materials.
- Keeps all yard and warehouse areas clean, neat and safe.
- Assembles and loads products for delivery to customers, and transfers to other locations.
- Observes yard and warehouse for safety, potential theft, and security risks.
- Reviews vendor packing slips in order to verify quantity, product accuracy, condition, and turns into receiving.
- Supervises yard/warehouse inventory counts.
- Opens and closes the yard.
- Stores material safely to prevent damage.
- Stocks inventory neatly in the proper location within the yard.
- Rotates stock to maintain product quality – retail ready.
- Identifies different building materials and wood products.
- Operates and maintains the forklift and other yard equipment safely.
- Completes daily forklift checklist and ensures staff checklists are completed.
- Measures and cuts materials by operating a power saw.
- Strives for zero product damage while loading and unloading.
- Reports all damages to the Assistant Ops Manager or Director immediately.
- Establishes work schedules for Yard Employees based off of business needs.
- Clarifies performance expectations, coaches and guides performance.
- Addresses any employee concerns and escalates to his manager or the Director as appropriate.
- Performs on the spot employee coaching (if applicable).
- Leads training of employees in department and may assist with cross-training others.
- Attends safety meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Exhibits Brand Behaviors consistently.
- Customer Service
- Forklift experience preferred
- Strong measuring skills
- Familiarity with power and hand tools
- High School diploma or GED preferred